Re: I worry...

Well,

I do not think the fancy gui is what these people need in RH. It is avoiding
having to deal with distro spesific quirks and loose some time and money
becuase they would have to look into something "new". This was what several
told us. Finally we did find a company that took on the task even though it was
their first Debian install. Afterwards they called us and told "It will not be
the last!"

Why is it that one of the few times where "the best in life is free" that so
few is able to see it? ;)

Our web server runs like a dream btw....and noone misses RH or Caldera...(yet:)

On 03-Jun-99 Timothy Hospedales wrote:
>>> We had a hard time finding someone willing to do our Debian server. All
>>> of the ones we contaced to get our web server built told us they felt "more
>>> confident doing a RH install" or they said: "RH is pretty strong in this
>>> ares",
>>> and some of them even had some nifty deals for us if we chose RH. How will
>>> the
>>> Debian community be able to fight in a market like this in the future?
>         This sounds like all the supposed linux gurus that got interviewed
> actually dont know what they are doing - if the ABSOLUTELY NEED RH's fancy
> GUI
> tools to configure everything! :).
>

> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: Timothy Hospedales <timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu>