Re: Weird su problems

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 05:14:22AM -0000, Pollywog wrote:

> On 03-Jun-99 Chris wrote:
> > It looks like some element relating to su has been broken.  I apologize for
>
> Yes, it is shellutils package, and to fix it, just make /bin/su suid root.

Yep, that did the trick.  Thanks!  Now, my next question regards things that
change permissions while you're not looking.  For instance, I changed the
groups on my /etc/ppp directory yesterday (mentioned in my last post), and
today it was changed back to root:root.  Is this something that might be a
cron job?  I must admit ignorance to cron syntax...  What should I look for?

Thanks again,

-Chris