Deb v2.1 vs. potato question

Hello,

I have one server on 'bo' (I think) for about 18 months. I decided it
was time to update and build a small server to load the new (maybe just
newer) version of Debian. I ordered the cd and got Deb v2.1

The install was very smooth. I installed with the Web server plus
option. I am close to having the base system operational. I have been
working on my IP Masq commands and it seems a lot of the discussions on
IP Masq are on 'ipchains', which is in the 2.2.x kernels.

Should I go ahead to potato now? Is there an upgrade script?

Thanks.
--
Gregory Wood
Farsight Computer