Re: glibc 2.1, gdb 4.18 and MT debugging ?

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 04:53:46PM -0500, Oleg Krivosheev was heard to say:

> Hi, All
>
> just tried to debug my MT stuff using latest potato stuff and
> did not succeed. Is MT debugging lost in transition? I was able
> to debug my stuff on slink with glibc 2.0.7 and gdb  4.17
>
> What package to blame: gdb 4.18, glibc 2.1 or kernel 2.2?
>
> thanks a lot for any help
>
> regards
>
> OK

  See http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/37/37983.html

  Basically..potato's gdb doesn't have the threading patch (I think that there
was also some brokenness when glibc2.1 was introduced) but the next upstream
version is supposed to support Linux threading without a patch.  You'll have to
ask gdb's maintainer for more information I think..

  Daniel

--
THERE IS NO HOPE BUT US.  THERE IS NO JUSTICE BUT US.  ALL THAT IS, IS OURS.
BUT WE MUST CARE.  FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, THEN WE DO NOT EXIST...