XF86Setup

I've been trying a lot of things, with help from you out there, and come to
the following conclusions.  Am I right?

1: The so-called 'default' in 'Xserver' is more than that.  If you try
'startx -- -bpp 16' and the default doesn't have this depth it doesn't look
for it in any of the other sections you may have in your XF86Config file,
but simply returns an error.

2: Only one virtual screen size per section of the XF86Config is effective -
the biggest one.  (I thought someone told me that it was one per subsection,
which seemed obvious, but I must have misread the message.)

3: If the above are true, only one virtual screen size is possible without
reconfiguration.  I will never be able to switch between various screen
resolutions and have everything on the visible screen in each case.

Please tell me this is not true.

David