Re: ps/2 model 90

Peter Allen <P.Allen@pallen.dabsol.co.uk> writes:
| Ok, I give up,
| having found an old ps2 90 lying around I decided to set it up to
| do all the dogs body tasks like email etc.  I have got everything
| working except X.  What graphics card is the default one in this
| baby, as I cannot find it anywhere on the net.  Also which xserver
| is the one to use?
| The computer is a 486 about ?50Mhz? and uses MCA bus.
| Thankyou,

Of course the first thing to try is just a vanilla VGA server. Does
that work? If not the only exception to the "Every card does VGA" rule
that I can think of are the old Hercules cards, or even older CGA
cards, but I can't imagine an "as shipped" PS/2 using one of
these. The more advanced PS/2's used 8514 cards so you can try
that. Then later PS/2's used XGA cards. I have no idea if X servers
exist for 8514 or XGA, but both of these were backward compatible with
VGA.

Gary