Re: SoundBlaster PCI64

>   I think you will either need to upgrade your kernel to 2.2.x, or use alsa
>   with the pci 64. The reason pnpdump doesn't say anything about it is that
>   it is not an isa card. You need either the es1370, or es1371 driver. Check
>   /proc/pci to find out wich.

Thank you all for the all the help you gave to me. But I need a litle more :)

I have changed to kernel 2.2.5

Doing "cat /proc/pci" I discover that

Bus 0, ...
 Multimedia audio controler: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev 1).

So I recompiled my kernel with the "Ensoniq" option and, ...

I can already ear my Music CDs :)

I can already ear sound made by programs (like xpat2) :), but it sounds bad :(.

I can use xplaycd when the CD is already running :), but xplaycd cannot start the CD :(

If I do "cat /dev/sndstat", I get

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
Kernel: Linux Fenix 2.2.5 #5 Mon May 31 08:12:16 WEST 1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)
Type 2: Sound Blaster
Type 29: Sound Blaster PnP
Type 7: SB MPU-401

Card config:
(Sound Blaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1,5)
(SB MPU-401 at 0x330 irq 5 drq 0)
(OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 drq 0)

Audio devices:

Synth devices:

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:

With no: Audio devices, Synth devices, Midi devices, and no Mixers.

Can you help me (a little more).

Thank you.

    At\'e breve

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida
Departamento de Matem\'atica, Faculdade de Ci\^encias e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
P-3000 COIMBRA, PORTUGAL
e-mail: quaresma@hilbert.mat.uc.pt
url: http://www.mat.uc.pt/~pedro/