ipautofw not working

Hi,

I've been trying to use ipautofw in my debian box, but I've been
having trouble with that. I issue any ipautofw command and I get the
message:

setsockopt: Protocol not available

I started with the 2.0.36 kernel at potato (most of my system is
potato). As I searched the news, people said this message would come
from a system with no ipautofw compiled in the kernel.

Then I decided to install kernel-source-2.2.9, configure it and
install it. Even though I enabled the ipautofw in the kernel (with all
the other ip forward stuff), I still get that same message.

To make it clear, I can use ipfwadm ok, but I can't use ipautofw.

Any clue?

Thanks,

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                Computer Engineer
zorzella@iname.com