Re: Help!!! Linux plus IBM! again :(

Gancho Tenev Tenev wrote:

> Hi !!!
> I did not speak about Debian Linux Instalation ! :)
> ( nor for rescue nor bootup diskette !!! )
> Some IBM computers ( may be all ) have got setup ( for their hardware ) on
> their HDD
> ( on separate hdd partition ).
> On other computers I press "DEL" and enter in setup program to configure HDD,
> time, IRQ,
> memory, power management etc... I don't know how to do this on IBM PC (PS/2)
> ... There is
> a diskette for this .... I am not sure ... :((

ha,
just 2 days ago my nephew got an old ibm - and i had to solve a similar
riddle. the results of my research:
some ibm´s _need_ a diskette, which may (or not) be obtained from the
ibm ftp-server.
some ibm´s require ctrl-alt-ins simultaneously at the right moment after
power-on.
in the case of my nephew´s ibm i discovered, that i had to push the
f1-key at the right moment.

perhaps some of this will work for your ibm.

hafi