Re: dselect woes

> I am currently trying to install some packages in Debian 2.0 (using the CD
> Rom), using dselect. I can select them without any problem, however when I
> choose the option to actually install them, I get the following error
> message :
> Any help appreciated !!

Just a thought: try cleaning the CDs with a soft cloth. If desperate, you
might try one of those CD polishing and repair kits.

In my experience, CD-ROM drives, especially cheap generic ones such as you
find in Wintel boxes, are less forgiving of errors than CD players. I have
had a number of errors in dselect that went away when I removed the CD and
cleaned it.

Ron

--
Ron Hale-Evans: rwhe@apocalypse.org & http://www.apocalypse.org/~rwhe/
     Center for Ludic Synergy & "Kennexions" Glass Bead Game