what is

I need information on FBCON and GGI what I am trying to so is get
ATI Rage 128 card to work what I was told was to use GGI or fbcon but
what I did was installed frame buffer support for the cad that I had and
used the standard SVGA xserver. My real question is is there a beneifit
to using this instead of SVGA server

Next question in the configuration it ask me to but in my lilo file
vga=ask
How do I get it to take up the whole screen. Because it seems in text
mode instewad of in X that it shift to the center and won'e go all the
way to the left of the screen