Re: 2 questions

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 01:22:21PM +0100, Mario Jorge Nunes Filipe wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have two questions to pose to the enlightened ones in this mailing
> list (boy am i poetic today, maybe because a I've a couple of
> presentations to do today :( ):
>
> Number 1 : Is there a way to allow the users to create an auto-responder
> (so that their email sents a message for every message they got) saying
> that they are on hollidays.

Vacation is your friend here.

> The ideal would be the possibility to create filters so that the auto
> responder does not awnser to mailing-lists or a certain number of
> addresses. Can this be done ?

You may want to play around with procmail to achieve this - check the
procmail and procmailex man-pages (or was it procmailexamples?) and read
up on formail.
Procmail can be configured to include the functionality of vacation -
it just requires a more elaborate setup.

> Number 2 : Is there any linux app capable of showing MS Media Player asf
> files?

Dunno.

So long -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
                        *** Spare in der Schweiz, dann hast Du in der Not. ***