Laptop suspend to disk

I'm running Debian Slink on my newly found laptop. Is it possible to
enable the 'Suspend to Disk' option, and if it is, how should I go
about it. I guess that I would probably create a dedicated partition
the bios can use for suspend. I did not recieve any documentation
with my laptop (since I got it secondhand, or more like thirdhand),
but any pointers would be appreciated.

Also, how could I specify a runlevel from the lilo prompt. I want to
use different runlevels for a 'docked' setup (with net stuff, etc.) and
a 'undocked' setup (dummy net, etc.). Or are there a better way of
doing this??

Thanx...

Jack