Re: Netscape 4.6 crashes

Matthew Gregan wrote:

> On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 07:29:48PM +0200, Andreas Voegele wrote:
> > The faulty behaviour is most obvious if you've got more than one
> > Navigator window opened. Instead of closing the selected window only
> > the whole application crashes sometimes.
>
> I've been having that exact same problem here... Running potato with kernel 2.2.9 and Communicator 4.6. I was also having the problem with an earlier version (probably 4.51 or 4.5).

well, since you are talking about netscapes: my communicator  is getting
"wild" sometimes too. for some unknown reason it starts eating up all
cpu-time (as top tells me), and no soft way to kill this process will work.
killing with -9  help. This behaviour is present to me since
hamm/communucator 4.5/static (i didn't work before with debian), running
with fvwm (now fvwm2). once i had a simmilar effect (a "wild" process, that
didn't want to terminate either) with gtimer and without netscape.

i noticed when trying to reach a newsserver with netscapes from behind a
firewall, and the  firewall wasn't configured well, this happened too.
could there be a relation?

 gerhard