Help!!! Linux plus IBM! again :(

Hi !!!
I did not speak about Debian Linux Instalation ! :)
( nor for rescue nor bootup diskette !!! )
Some IBM computers ( may be all ) have got setup ( for their hardware ) on
their HDD
( on separate hdd partition ).
On other computers I press "DEL" and enter in setup program to configure HDD,
time, IRQ,
memory, power management etc... I don't know how to do this on IBM PC (PS/2)
... There is
a diskette for this .... I am not sure ... :((
If I install Linux on sertain partition ( remove DOS FAT16 partition ) and put
in
MBR Lilo things  I AM AFRAID I WILL DESTROY something !!!
If Linux instalation destroys something , I haven't got such diskette so
I CANNOT configure hdd, time , IRQ ... etc. (
This is my problem !!

Anybody knows what I should do !!!

Sorry for I cannot explane this at first time !!!
( may be because of my bad english !:)

Thanks for help !!!

vw@geus.DK wrote:

> Yo.
> Don't need no ibm-setup-diskette. Get an installation cd from Debian or
> RedHat or whatever, should be fairly easy, or download the thing from
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ There's also a very helpful installation guide
> in Debian's ftp-site, else try this:
> http://visar.csustan.edu:8000/giveaway_dl.html
> If you're using diskettes, be prepared for hell of a job. I did it once, and
> I'm not doing it again. CD is by far the easiest, lots less trouble, no
> keeping track of files and no bad diskettes. You can also do a
> part-diskette, part-net installation, but I have no experience with this.
> A tiny program called FIPS will repartition your hd w/out any trouble.
> Worked great for me. Available on most linux-ftp's.
> Can't kill your computer, but might make it usable...
> Good Luck!
> Vitux

begin:vcard
n:Tenev;Gancho
tel;fax:+359 42 600250
tel;work:+359 42 600350
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Vereya Cable;VEREYAnet
adr:;;30 Ruski Str.;Stara Zagora;Stara Zagora;;Bulgaria
version:2.1
email;internet:Gancho.Tenev@mbox.vereya.net
title:System administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1216