Re: setting up a HP 880C/850C

Quoting Christian T. Steigies (steigies@physik.uni-kiel.de):
> Thanks for the hint! I should have read the a2ps docs...
> Put in your ~/.a2psrc
> # Default medium
>
> Or change it in /etc/a2ps.cfg (standard is A4)

Thanks for that.

:Last question: printers in the network. How do I set up this, havent found
:this in a howto yet. I have two machines on the network, one has a printer,
:one not (or an old Fujitsu DL1100C printer). Now my Debian/m68k box wants
:to print on the Debian/i386 printer. Can I configure that with magicfilter?

Basically, the one without the printer (192.168.100.100)
needs /etc/printcap

lp|foo:\
    :lp=/dev/null:\
    :rm=192.168.111.111:\
    :rp=bar:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/foo:\
    :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
    :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
    :pl#72:pw#80:px#1440:mx#0:sh:

and the one with (192.168.111.111) needs

bar:\
    :lp=/dev/lp1:sf:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/bar:\
    :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\