checkdir error

I have a shell script that unzips multiple files in a directory. This
directory have 4 subdirectories named 001, ..., 004. Each one have 400
subdirectories named 001, ..., 400. In each of these 400 subdirectories
I have 400 html files. The file system( using df ) still have enough
space for the unpacking and, when running the 4th directory it prints anerror
like this:

  checkdir error: cannot create 004/022
                  unable to process 004/022/04022001.html

After that, everything that I try to do, like mkdir, etc. does not work.It
says that there's not enough space on the device.

	Have a nice day,		Paulo Henrique