From: Philip Lo
To: karolri
Subject: Re: ftp via proxy?
Date: 6. Mayta 1999 23:09

It's easy. You just need to insert these lines to your /etc/profile file:

export http_proxy=http://your-proxy-server:port/
export ftp_proxy=http://your-proxy-server:port/
export news_proxy=http://your-proxy-server:port/

You should be able to find the ip address or hostname & port number for the
proxy
server from your Netscape config file.

Philip

Karola Risto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have here a LAN with full of Windows PCs. My secondary PC is the only
> Linux machine in the LAN, and it has served well as an intraner server.
And