Re: PPP problems

aco wrote:

> Recently , I installed Debian GNU/Linux , 2.1 release ,on i-386
> architecture but , I notyfied , that  configuring my PPP conection
> using 'pppconfig' utility was not succesful. When I start 'pon' , my
> modem 'USR Sportster Voice' ,doesn't start dialing to my ISP server.I
> am new in Linux , so I'm asking help from kind Debian users.

I have a friend who is using what I *think* is a USR Sportster Voice,
and he hasn't got it working yet.  So, you *might* have a modem that
is difficult to get working in Linux, but hopefully not impossible.

> What to do now? Where to get concise diagnostic procedure about this
> problem?Which additional informations needs experienced Debian user,
> to help me to make steps in the right directio

The first thing you should do is tell us what appears in your
ppp log file.  You can find out by typing "plog".  (You might have to
be root to be able to view the log, since it will contain your
password.)  Before you send the message, edit the output of plog
so you don't tell everyone your password!

> Thank You for Your answers

Well, no answers yet...

Kirk