Re: [THNXS]&[Q]: SMB client for Dos/win3.11

The clients to do SMB for DOS and multiple win and os/2:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/Clients/

From:	bradleyb%u.washington.edu@Internet on 04/30/99 09:48 AM
To:	j.l.gomez-dans%sheffield.ac.uk@Internet
cc:	debian-user%lists.debian.org@Internet (bcc: Jean L Francois)
Subject:	Re: [THNXS]&[Q]: SMB client for Dos/win3.11

I don't believe there is an SMB client for DOS or Win3x... There would be
if M$ had any respect for their customer base, but....
If you have Windows for Workgroups available, I believe that can act as an
SMB client.
As for dos, I would suggest looking into NCP, i.e. the NetWare protocol.
You could make the linux box an NCP print server as well as an SMB print
server.  I'm not sure where to get the NCP client for DOS, but I'm sure
they're around.

-Brad