Fetchmail: Try -vv to look for segfaults

I get some similar troubles with fetchmail; I had given up on it.

I am using fetchmail to connect to a VAX/VMS server.

When I run
  fetchmail -u blah servername

I get no output, no delivered mail messages, nothing at all.

When I run (less naively)
 fetchmail -vv -b5 -B5 -p POP3 -u blah servername

On this command, when fetchmail in slink began to download the first message,
 it would fail with 'realloc failed'. I upgraded
to the potato version, and now I get segfaults instead.

So you may want to try the -vv and see if you can diagnose the error
that way.

(note...)

When I tried to strace the potato version, what I saw was an apparently
infinite loop of mremap calls, each asking for a little more space.
I had a 41meg typescript full of mremap calls.

I had decided to let it drop for a while, then I was going to try to
downgrade to the hamm version and give that a try.

Carl