Re: Potato and egcs

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 09:13:47PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:
>
> > First, don't complain. One of the listed goals for potato on
> > debian-devel (you do read that, don't you? potato is a DEVELOPERS RELEASE)

I was under the impression that there are illegal constructs in 2.0 that
GCC likes but EGCS hates, and that these problems were fixed in the 2.1 development
tree some time ago. The whole GCC/EGCS thing is mostly political, IMHO, as
many agree that EGCS is the superior compiler. There was a big thread on -devel
discussing whether glibc2.1 was pulled because it doesn't compile with GCC 2.8.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com