Re: Apt: WAS:: GNOME 1.0 .deb package?

[snip]

> The frontend is not done yet but the backend and APT dselect method are
> quite functional.  Yes, you should install it.  Get the latest version
> from potato(0.3.3) if you are running slink, it does not depened on
> glibc2.1 so it is safe to install manually

[take with a pinch of salt]
I must ask, What is with the Linux community when most apps are created
from the back end to the front end? I REALLY miss the good old third-party
windoze apps that never worked :) always had that "Not implemented yet"
window.
[/take with a pinch of salt]

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

        "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981
        "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."       -- Bill Gates, 1996
        "Nobody will ever need Windows 95."       -- logical conclusion