Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 02:45:33PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> Look at the Linux package sendfile and the preliminary draft of the RFC
> for the saft profocol.
>
> The way it works is this:
>
> I send a file to username@somewhere.dom

Curious. The long-gone ACSnet (Australian Computer Society network)
had a similar service, with binaries also named fetchfile and sendfile.
One of the university systems I have access to still has the binaries
installed, actually. I think the binaries came with Sun3, originally.

A search for "+acsnet +fetchfile" on altavista will even tell you how to
get the X11R5 sources off ACSnet.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.