Re: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

I had the same problem. I couldn't get a viable solutions so the way I
solved the problem (I cheated):
I remembered that I had a RedHat installation on another patition.
I mounted that partition, copied the isofs.o file into my debian
partition into /lib/modules/<version>/fs (or something like that)
edited modules.dep and ran modprobe isofs.
That's it. Deselect could load the cd's just fine. If you aren't
as fortunate to have another linux partition to get the file put it
on a floppy and load it during your install. Just an idea. Good luck!
                        marlon