Re: SB 128 PCI w/2.1 kernel

> look for /dev/audio... if it's not there
> run /dev/MAKEDEV audio

   Yes, I already have a audio device:
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     audio     14,   4 Apr  1 18:18 /dev/audio
(I added the other r/w perms myself)

   Still no noise though.  I'm thinking that I need something else in the
kernel configuration (I've never played with the sound settings).  Right now
the only thing I have in the kernel configuration is "Ensoniq AudioPCI
(ES1370)" flagged as asterisk to compile it right in.  The compile goes fine,
it's just that I get no sound.  Do I need any of the OSS sound modules with
this card?

--
 Regards,  | Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org - More software than
 .         | *any* distribution, rock solid reliability, quality control,