Re: Potato and egcs

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, J.H.M. Dassen wrote:

> Welcome to unstable.
>
> > I don't mind being offered egcs but I would LIKE the chance to stay with
> > gcc. Forcing egcs is fine IF debian is going to produce patched versions
> > of all the latest kernels so they will work.
>
> 2.2.x is the latest kernel.

But 2.0.37 has newer drivers than Linus' 2.2 releases ... maybe I should
be using the ac stuff?

> > I happen to need 2.0.37 (because it has the Initio support I need, it is
> > more up to date than 2.2.5).
>
> It can't be that difficult to update 2.2.5's from it.

2.2.5 won't build with the egcs in potato either. I just manually backed
the stuff out and am in the process of some other testing (NetGear
ethernet and all that rot). I have built a 2.2.5 with the 2.0.37 Initio
drivers but have not tested it yet because the tulip driver is also behind
2.0.37

2.2.5 is the latest kernel but 2.0.37 has the latest hardware support.