Re: Slink Install: Kernel Unpacking & Sound Problems

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 09:51:44AM +0200, John Stevenson wrote:
> >From looking round the filespace, none of the sound directories
> in /dev seem to exist, which explains why sound wont work.

 MAYBE you could try

   cd dev; ./MAKEDEV update

with the sb modules inserted.  this does create /dev/dsp and /dev/audio,
but i'm still getting "Cannot initialize DSP" errors.  YMMV.

-vinny

-- Vincent Murphy | CompSci Undergrad, UCC | theDon@cs.ucc.ie | (086) 8397405
          "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
                  On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge."  --P J Schoenster