Re: modem & setserial (auto dialup out there?)

Hi,
On Fri, 02 Apr, 1999 à 06:05:23AM -0500, debian@grey-cat.com wrote:
> First: I could swear there was a script floating around
> to have your machine dial up your ISP & email the IP
> address to you. I thought it was in an early issue of
> Linux Gazette. Does anyone know if & where I might find
> such a creature?

Are you refering to
/usr/doc/HOWTO/unmaintained/mini/Dynamic-IP-Hacks.gz ?

> I'd write it myself, except I'm frustrated with my ppp
> dial up script as it is. It worked fine under some old
> slackware distribution, but when I upgraded completely
> to Debian hamm (I now run slink) I began having one minor
> problem: after dialing up & turning off the connection
> the modem would be 'hung' and I have to run the hylafax
> probemodem script.

You should try pppconfig and use pon and poff after : they are easy to
configure and work fine IMHO

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\