Lib/prog problem?

On a whim I decided to upgrade everything on my system to what was in
the unstable directories of dselect instead of the stable ones.
Unfortunately this lead to a few problems with my programs, as several
significant libraries changed.  Qps is really the only thing that
concerns me; every time I open it I get the message "segmentation
fault" and nothing more.  I've tried getting the new libraries and the
most recent version of qps and it doesnt seem to work.  Any suggestions?