Newbie setting up StarOffice...

Hi there!
I just installed slink and installed StarOffice (i.e. installed the installer, fetched the necessary files from the StarOffice ftp site, installed them with the installer).
On attempting to run swriter, I get the message
"Could not open XPrinter
Please make sure your XPPATH is set correctly"

I had a look in dselect and made sure a package called "prt" (described as an X printer server, if I remember right) was installed. In dselect, its an optional package. I marked it for installation, but it doesn't actually want to install. After selecting it, I went on to install it, but looking back in the selection list again, its status hadn't changed.

Would anybody happen to have any helpful advice?

Thanks, and all the best,
David