System time is broken

Ever since we went over to summer time here in the UK my system has been
broken. It started with the extra hour not being added after the change. I
then tried to correct it using the date command, and have then tried the
hwclock command (which worked). My problem is that whenever I use standby
on my machine the kernel time isn't updated, which it used to (it was a
standard hamm setup).

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get out of this mess.
Any help much appreciated.

Btw, I read the clock mini-HOWTO, but it only works as long as I don't
standby the system. Also, I seem to recall there was a thread here about
how to set clocks, but I couldn't find anything in the mailing list
archives, so any pointers would be useful.

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.3
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request