The newbie needs more help.

Hello.

Ok, thanks  much for the help last time.  It seems I didn't include enough
info with my previous post to get much help.  Here is the rest of my
specs:

IBM PS/2, 386
6 megs ram
58 meg esdi hard drive
MCA (ugh!) architecture
1 1.44 floppy

Ok.  I tried the fdisk fix.  No good.  I tried the MCA site
http://www.dgmicro.com/mca/default.htm that was suggested.  It mainly delt
with using slackware.  Is this an eazier option?  Is thare anyone on the
list who has tried this method?  I tried it myself, downloading the
recommended files (ibmmca.s - boot disk, and color.gz - root)
unfortunately, the setup sort of hangs after the root disk is loaded.
Typed text still appears on the screen, but there is _NO_ prompt of any
kind, and the docs dont mention anything about this kind of a problem.  I
don't know anyone who knows jack about linux, so any help would be
appreciated.

Thanx very much,

Jordan Urie
                                     email: ruthurie@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca