Re: What happened to "put -C" option in ncftp?

> > I used to be able to continue an interrupted ftp upload in ncftp just
> > by typing "put -C filename".  It would continue the upload where it
> > left off.  But since upgrading to slink, ncftp no longer seems to have
> > this option.  Does anyone know what happened to it?
>
> From the man page for ncftp:
>
>               The   program  tries  to  ``resume''  downloads  by
>               default.  This means that if the remote FTP  server
>               lost  the  connection and was only able to send 490
>               kilobytes of a 500 kilobyte file, you could  recon
>               nect  to  the  FTP server and do another get on the
>               same file name and it would get the last  10  kilo
>               bytes, instead of retrieving the entire file again.
>               There are some occasions where  you  may  not  want
>               that  behavior.   To  turn  it  off you can use the
>               ``-Z'' flag.
>
> In short, IF I understand the man page, ncftp does a reget by default, if
> a file has been partially fetched.

That applies to gets by not to puts.  Puts do not reput by default.
The man page says to use -z to reput puts --- which seemed a bit
strange because -z is to do with giving the destination file a
different name.  Anyway I tried this as well as several other things,
and nothing worked.

I have given up on ncftp and moved to "lftp".  "lftp" seems rather
nice and featured, actually works, and is in the main distribution!
Bye bye ncftp.

Thanks for your email,

Mark.