Re: MTA and SMTP ident

>> "GC" == G Crimp <ye416@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> writes:

GC> On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 07:32:52PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

>> Also note that the list software doesn't see the SMTP envelope (it is
>> not passed on final delivery).

GC> I am not sure about this, I can see the envelope From header on
GC> messages sent to the lists.

Some MTA convert the SMTP envelope into X-something message
headers. The envelope looks like

MAIL FROM: address
RCPT TO: address

GC> Is is possible that the MAIL FROM: command in the SMTP protocol is
GC> responsible, and if so, is there any way to circumvent ?

No, I never heared of a MTA changing the from or sender headers or
such. It may do checks on the headers though (I belive exim can do this).

You asked the moderator of this list, if he has some entry in his logs
about the mailinglist dropping your postings and the reason for this?

Ciao,
	Martin