Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!!!!!

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 11:40:40AM -0300, franco catena wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got a file and I'd installed it but all the time I tryed to run dpkg -i
> kdebase I receive a msg taht tolme that qt1g is not installed.
>
> In the "env"  command I got :
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib
> QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
> MANPATH=/usr/local/qt/man
> PS1=\h:\w\$
> USER=root
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/qt/include
> MACHTYPE=i486-pc-linux-gnu
> MAIL=/var/spool/mail/root
> LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib
> LOGNAME=root

Looks like you've not installed the qt1g package and are using the .tar.gz
source file. There are two things you can try: (1) Install the qt1g package
from non-free/libs, this is the _right_ way :-) and (2) try to install kdebase
with a --force-depends. I thing this should work, but no warranties are made.
Can anybody confirm this?

--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.