dselect.... missing the obvious?

Hello again and thanks for all the help this debian-newbie is getting!

I've done several (custom) installs of slink using dselect, and each
time I waste a bunch of time searching for certain packages I
want....  for instance ntp, sendmail, snmp, pine, joe

I am getting a little more familiar with the organization of the
packages but it seems I must be doing it the difficult way, manually
searching through the entire list!

I know about the re-order list options, but there must be a way to
search the package list for a keyword, package name or catagory,
how do I do this?

Second, once I have a "favorite" base system, can I integrate that
into the dselect program for future installs?

TIA,
Chris

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org