Re: Anybody have the time to help a newbie?

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Daniel Mashao wrote:

 : On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 ruthurie@ecn.ab.ca wrote:
 :
 : > Hello.
 : >
 : > Ok.  I have a copy of Debian on disk.  I am attempting to install it on an
 : > IBM PS/2 386.  When I boot up using the rescue floppy, I can set up to the
 : > point where it asks me to partition the hard drive.  I select next, and I
 : > get an error stating " Problem - No hard disk drives could be found.  Make
 : > sure they are cabled correctly and are turned on before the system is
 : > started .  You may have to change driver setings when you start the system
 : > with a command at the "boot:" prompt, or you may have to load a driver
 : > that is in a loadable module to solve this problem."
 : > I've tried all the other menu selections, and the only other one that
 : > works is the shell selection.
 : I am not sure if Linux works on PS/2 computers. Under correction: IBM did
 : not make the specs available on their microchannel computers?

It works fine, though the token ring drivers are a bit dodgy.  I've
successfully installed linux on a model 80, 90, and 53.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD