ISP Connection

Hello peoples,

I've just transfered over to a new ISP, and I'm having some problems with
my connection to the ISP.

I've managed to manouver myself into a position where I can get online,
but it does not seem to be online "fully"... it's a little hard to
describe, sort of a funny feeling I've gotten :- i.e. not everything is
connecting correctly, ftp has to be in PASSIVE mode, etc...

I also have the occassional hassle that the connection does not happen...
oh, it dials in and everything but then just sort of stops and hangs up..
really weird... anyhow my new ISP does not support Linux (though I think
the guys who I talked to on the phone about it might be changing their own
systems soon <grin>).. but anyhow, as the ISP doesn't officially support
linux I'm in a bit of a bind here.

To connect under Windows here's all I have to do :-

setup the internet connection (dial-up networking, dns entries, etc.)
dial the ISP
enter username and password in box that appears onscreen (yep, a little
box comes up and asks me for my username and password).

To have it connect under Linux I've done the following :-

setup the internet connection (dns entries, pppconfig, etc.)
modified the PAP secrets file (this took a little bit of figuring out but
I finally figured it out).
dial the ISP
it connects... but with the problems I mentioned above..

I've since looked back at my win95 connection settings and it has the box
"log onto remote network" checked... I tried connecting that way, and yep
no funny box opening up...

If anyone has any clues on to what I can do to help configure the linux
setup so I can do it that way it would be prefered... I hate slow links,
that's why I bought a 56K modem for :)

Catch ya's l8r,
	Peter Ludwig