Upgrading slink -> potato

Hi all,

I need some information about upgrading from slink to potato since I need
to use some new (networking) features implemented in kernel 2.2.x.

I have been using slink quite for a while (before its release) .
The machine is now running kernel 2.2.3 and serves as web (apache-ssl),
proxy/firewall, mail/pop (qmail), router/gateway as well as DNS servers.

What is the best way of upgrading without breaking the current system
(I plan to use dselect) and how big is the risk?
What about the incompatibility of Glibc 2.1 and Glibc 2.0?
Which programs have to be recompiled?

I couldnt find information on the web, so please help me.

Thanks,

jusak