Re: No LILO Boot after Re-Install Windoze95

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:34:04 -0500, you wrote:

>It seems like I remember reading somewhere once that the solution was to boot
>using the Windows Rescue/Reboot disk and go to command prompt and do an "fdisk
>/mbr" and then re-install lilo.

You have to reinstall LILO but at different place.  Look at your
lilo.config and find the line that starts with "boot=".  Change it to
"boot=/dev/hda"  You probably have /dev/hda1, /dev/hda2 or something
like that. Then do lilo again.

>But I've caused myself some extreme pain
>mucking with the mbr on a guess. I've ran Linux servers for a couple of years
>now, but setting up a dual-boot and making a desktop system is almost another
>world.

heh, I am having devil of time setting up a server.  But I can set up
quad-boot(english,korean,japanese win95/NT, and linux)  machine blind
folded.