Re: setting up a hostname

Hi,

    Other computers on your network can't see what you have in the hosts file. The
hosts file is only used by your computer locally. To solve this, you can do one of the
this things:

        a) Copy your hosts file in every computer you are going to use to telnet your
machine
        b) You can ask your network's DNS (Domain Name Server) administrator to make
this name (shao) to be an alias to your machine. This last option is the better one,
because every computer in the world will know that shao.xxx.xxx.xx is your computer
when they resolve your name.

    Hope this helps you ;-)