Re: PostgreSQL

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Sami Dalouche wrote:

> I wanted to install postgreSQL on a machine without X but postgresql needs
> xlib6g & tk...
> Is there a package without X & Tk .. support ?
> Why do we need X ?

I think Oliver Elphick, the package maintainer, must answer this one.
However, if I were you, I would try and install it with dpkg
--force-depends.  I use Postgresql regularly on a text based screen
without problems.

If it does not work, you can remove it again and install the latest
postgresql from the postgresql home page in /usr/local.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
      your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge
      him, and he will direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5,6