Re: HELP! dpkg dies with --fsys-tarfile error

Regarding:

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 09:21:46PM -0700, John Galt wrote:

> I did--I got around it with apt: don't ask me how, it just worked.  IIRC
> dselect also worked the one time I tried during my dpkg hiatus.  It ironed
> itself out in time and possibly updates, but I can't remember if dpkg or
> gzip got updated since then :(

I won't ask you how, but I will ask how I can use apt to install a single
file (namely, this new kernel-image deb). It's probably simple and obvious,
but I'm not seeing it.

Yes, the problem comes and goes rather randomly. At one point I went from
about 15 packages which wouldn't install due to this problem to none, all
in a single update.

Thanks!

Robbie