Re: WinNT and Linux install question

> I do not know how to configure the PC to boot from the CD-ROM.
Reboot the machine.  After the screen goes blank and it beeps,  it'll
probably count memory and they'll be a note on the screen that says
"Press DEL to enter SETUP" or something.  Some computers use "CTRL-ALT-F1"
instead of delete or whatever.  At any rate,  hit this key.  You should
end up in the bios setup menu,  at which point there's probably an option
for "Boot sequence",  likely set  to "A:,  C:"  or "C:, A:",  which
specifies which drives to try to boot from (in the first example,  it
tries to boot from your A: drive, and if this fails,  tries the C: drive)
If there's a "CDROM" setting,  select it.  Exit the bios,  save your
settings,  and put the CD in the drive,  then reboot.

> "..Now boot linux from diskettes..". I do not have linux boot diskettes.
You can make diskettes:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/ch-install-methods.html#s-boot-from-floppies

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |