Re: login.app setting color depth to 16bpp

Roddie Rod wrote:

> I'm trying  to set my color depth to 16 bpp, currently it's starting in
> 8bpp. I had :1 local /usr/bin/X11 :1 vt9 -bpp 16 in /etc/Xserver but it is
> not reading that. I think in wdm it was placed in a different file. Is
> this the right place for it?
>
> thanks
> Roddie Rod
>
> 'Man is the greatest cancer ever to be seen'
>     -Entombed 'Contempt'
>
> --

Rod,
I just place it in my  XF86Config file in the screen section as:

 Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Device      "S3 ViRGE (generic)"
    Monitor     "drmon17"
        DefaultColorDepth 16

I dunno if login.app has it's own thing like wdm or not. Works for me.

dyer