Re: PostgreSQL

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Sami Dalouche wrote:

> I wanted to install postgreSQL on a machine without X but postgresql needs
> xlib6g & tk...
> Is there a package without X & Tk .. support ?
> Why do we need X ?

I run PostgreSQL on several computers.  The X stuff is there for the X
client and the tk stuff is there for the tk support.  I think.  It's been
a while (couple of months, anyway) since I installed pgsql from .deb
files, so I don't really recall, but I think that the .deb files installs
everything, including the kitchen sink.  You don't have a limited "no-X"
version.

I've run (and continue to run, my main database server has no X on it)
PostgreSQL on computers without X, but I installed it from the tarballs
from postgresql.org.

ICOCBW.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)