Re: Convert FAT32 to FAT16 with windows 98

FAT32 does not appear to be just a new partition type, which can coexist
with FAT16 & Linux partitions.
Both utilities I tried (Win95 FDISK & Maxtor Maxblast) required either all
FAT32 or no FAT32, and Linux FDISK was then unable to add any Linux/FAT16
partitions, once there was a FAT32 partition.

A comment in the PartitionMagic blurb
(www.powerquest.com/press/pm4ships.html) also seems to indicate that FAT32
takes over the entire hard drive:
                                               For those consumers
                                               who find themselves with a
FAT32 partition when they buy a
                                               new drive, PartitionMagic can
convert FAT32 partitions to
                                               FAT16 partitions so that
users can continue to use other
                                               operating systems and
utilities.

Does anyone know how to mix FAT32/FAT16/Linux partitions on a single hard
drive?

I want to do this because my 99.9%-full 1.2GB FAT16 partition expanded to
1.6GB when I copied it to a 2GB FAT16 partition(due to a larger cluster
size, I guess), but took only 800MB on a FAT32 partition.