Re: use the Windowkeys

Pierfrancesco Caci dixit:

> If you intend to use it under X, try xkeycaps and then xmodmap.
>
> These are the definitions that I use on my setup:
>
> keycode 0x73 =	guillemotleft	guillemotright
> keycode 0x74 =	currency	cent
> keycode 0x75 =	copyright	registered
>
> I get the following charachters (I hope you can see them)
>
> Left Windows: ?« ?»
> Right Wind. : ?¤ ?¢
> Menu        : ?© ?®
>
> If you find a way to do the same at the console, please tell me :-)

On a console, run the `showkey' command, and press whichever key you intend
to use, eg. I applied the cent sign to work with altgr + the window key on
the right (the one with the pointer):
$ showkey
(press <key>)
kb mode was XLATE

press any key (program terminates after 10s of last keypress)...
keycode  28 release
keycode 100 press
keycode 100 release
keycode 127 press
keycode 127 release

Now go to /etc/kbd/default.map.gz, and under the line

keycode 127 =

type:

keycode 127 =
        altgr   keycode 127 = cent

Now, reboot, and whenever you press altgr+thatkey, you'll get the ¢ sign.

BTW, anyone knows anyway of implementing the "euro" currency sign?

Horacio.

--
Claves - GnuPG/PGP - Keys : http://www.rediris.es/cert/keyserver
o/or