Re: Slink install

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> ktb wrote:
> >
> > I have some more information.  I tried installing again.  the same thing happened.
> > Everything unpacks ok until it reaches emacs20  this is what it says:
> > Unpacking emacs20
> > dpkg: error processing ./emacs20.20.3-7.deb ( --install): error writing to the
> > 'usr/share/emacs/20.3/leim/skk/skkdid.elc': No space left on device.
> > dpkg-deb. subprocess paste killed by signal (broken pipe)
>
>         'No space left on device' = You've run out of space on the
> partition you're installing to.  Redo your partition config and
> give plenty of room on the one that will hold '/usr'.

  You need space to unpack the packages, I had the same problem using
apt,
it was /var that got full. I've
just done the installation in 4 ou 5 steps, selecting the packages to
install so that some space is left on the partition. When I got stuck
I just removed one of the packages and every thing went OK. I think I
could
probably try to mount a "big partition" on var or one the subdirectories
used by apt.

  BTW why apt is using /var now? (I was using ftp) According to the
installation instructions my /var is only 100MB and that revealed too
small.

  Mamoun

--
Mamoun ALISSALI
LIUM                           Tel: (33-2) -02-43 83 38 47